[SA-exim] Greylisting doesn't work anymore

Peter Thomassen mail at peter-thomassen.de
Thu May 10 13:49:52 PDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 10. Mai 2007 22:37:32 schrieb Marc MERLIN:
> On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 10:21:31PM +0200, Peter Thomassen wrote:
> > Marc also proposed to add some debug code in the Perl module, which is
> > /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Greylisting.pm, I think.
> > Unfortunately, I only know Perl from reading it a bit, but I tried to add
> >
> > 	open (TEST, ">/tmp/debug");
> > 	print TEST time."\n";
> > 	close TEST;
> >
> > to the beginning of the greylisting subroutine. I think this should
> > create a /tmp/debug file, which wasn't the case.
>
> Ah, that would explain it then, likely Greylisting.pm is not being run.
>
> Did you change/break your SA config? Is the Greylisting module still being
> called in your SA config?

I think if the SA config were broken, there would occur some other error, or
SpamAssassin wouldn't work at all. So I assume the config is not broken.

It contains the following lines:

# greylistsecs: how long you greylist a tuplet because whitelisting it
# greylistnullfrom: set to 1 to also greylist mail with a null env from
# greylistfourthbyte: keep the 4 bytes of the connecting host instead of 3
loadplugin Greylisting /usr/share/perl5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/Greylisting.pm
header GREYLIST_ISWHITE eval:greylisting("(
	'dir' => '/var/spool/sa-exim/tuplets';
	'method' => 'dir';
	'greylistsecs' => '1800';
	dontgreylistthreshold' => 12000000;
	'connectiphdr' => 'X-SA-Exim-Connect-IP';
	'envfromhdr' => 'X-SA-Exim-Mail-From';
	'rcpttohdr' => 'X-SA-Exim-Rcpt-To';
	'greylistnullfrom' => 1;
	'greylistfourthbyte' => 0 )")
describe GREYLIST_ISWHITE The incoming server has been whitelisted for this recipient and sender
score GREYLIST_ISWHITE  -1.5
# Run SpamAssassin last, after all other rules.
# (lets us not greylist a host that is sending spam, otherwise this rule might
# set a sufficiently negative score that the next spam would be allowed in)
priority GREYLIST_ISWHITE 99999

Looks like the module is still called. Or is there something wrong?

Thank you.
--
      Peter Thomassen • Steigerwaldstr. 4 • 97076 Würzburg • Germany
         http://www.peter-thomassen.de/mail at peter-thomassen.de
               fon +49-931-2705351 • mobil +49-176-63159879