[SA-exim] Not trolling, can't figure out..

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Wed Mar 12 21:47:09 PDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 10:01:45AM -0400, B. Cook wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am looking to talk with people to help me figure out what sa-exim is
> as opposed to regular exim.
>
> It looks like things you can normally do in exim but sa-exim makes
> them 'easier'? or 'standard'?

Are you comparing to exiscan?

> I guess I don't understand what sa-exim does as opposed to
> spamd_address (and appropriate rules)

sa-exim, last I checked, does more on the spam side than exiscan, from 4
levels of accept/tempreject/permreject/teergrube, to adaptive filtering with
built in greylisting (which I consider the killer feature of sa-exim,
without which it would be not much better than some other solutions out
there).

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/