[SA-exim] greylisting

Marcin Krol mrkafk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 03:04:36 PST 2008

Hello Marc,

Thanks for answer!

Marc MERLIN wrote:
> I should have put a die in there, but basically it says that it can't find a
> X-SA-Exim-Connect-IP header in there (or more specifically I think it means
> it got an empty one).
>
> Can you check in your Exim / Sa-Exim config whether that header is being
> inserted correctly when you receive Emails?
> (and I'll assume that you're not trying to retreive mails with fetchmail
> and feed the back to smtp over localhost)

It seems that a header does get inserted, here's excerpt from mail in
SAtemprejectsave folder:

Subject: *****SPAM***** [score: 15.4] test

However, it seems that some info may be missing:

root at fidkar:/var/spool/sa-exim/tuplets/87/204/147# ls -l
razem 4
drwxrwx--- 2 Debian-exim Debian-exim 4096 2008-11-24 20:02
spa at agenturaspa.cz/

The mails that are temprejected sometimes are saved here and sometimes
they aren't, I have no idea under what is the dependency here. For
instance, the above mail that was temprejected did not get any info
saved under /var/spool/sa-exim/tuplets (I grepped all the files there).

I also get mails from "nobody"'s cron complaining that
/usr/share/sa-exim/greylistclean cannot access /var/spool/sa-exim/tuplets.

I tweaked with (relaxing) rights but it seems to have no effect.

root at fidkar:/var/spool/sa-exim# ls -ld tuplets
drwxrwxr-x 6 nobody Debian-exim 4096 2008-11-24 20:30 tuplets/

Regards,
Marcin Krol