[SA-exim] removing existing SA headers

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Mon May 3 16:05:42 PDT 2010

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 12:49:41AM +0200, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> On söndagen den 2 maj 2010, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 10:01:38AM -0600, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
> > > I know this was discussed before on the exim list (by me in fact  many
> > > many moons ago), but I wanted to get clarification on what is supposed to
> > > happen.
> >
> > So first, that wasn't your question but I suppose it's not surprise to
> > anyone here that SA-Exim is in maintenance mode at best.
> > I actually only recently noticed that the Debian SA-Exim maintainer fixed
> > some compilation problems between SA-Exim and newer versions of Exim (good)
> > without even reporting them back to me and giving me a chance to fix them
> > upstream (bad).
>
> Oh, sorry about that. I must have thought you were following the Debian
> package from time to time.

It gets installed on my machine, and it worked so I saw no problem :)

I'm not mad BTW, just pointing out that it's a common debian fault wrt to
upstream which causes fragmentation in some cases.
In this case, it's pretty safe to say that only debian/ubuntu users use
SA-Exim at this point since I got 0 complaint about building issues in the
last 3 years, so there is really nothing to fix :)

All that said, thanks for your work, just a reminder not to forget upstream.
In this case it's mostly only debian, but upstreams can't be expected to
follow bugs in 5+ different linux distributions if the core bugs aren't
pushed back to them.

Cheers,
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/