[SA-exim] [SPAM] Help for building sa-exim on Fedora 13 x86_64

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Wed Nov 17 13:04:17 PST 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 08:56:11PM +0000, SODATONOU Dodji  Comlan Samuel wrote:
> Hi all
>
> After untaring sa-exim-4.2.1.tar.gz on  a server running Fedora 13 x86_64,  i run make
> command and get the following error:
>

> sa-exim.c:1390: attention : pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
> sa-exim.c:1399: attention : pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
> sa-exim.c:1442: attention : pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
> sa-exim.c:1478: attention : pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
> sa-exim.c:1507: attention : pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
> /usr/bin/ld: /tmp/cc6s0oGm.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be
> used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
> /tmp/cc6s0oGm.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
> collect2: ld a retourné 1 code d'état d'execution
> make: *** [sa-exim-4.2.1.so] Erreur 1
> serveur sa-exim-4.2.1]$
>

> Any help to resolv this problem will be appreciated.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure the last released version may not work as is
anymore. Debian has all the patches necessary in there, you might want to
try that package (even if it's to build it on FC)

http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/s/sa-exim/sa-exim_4.2.1.orig.tar.gz
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/s/sa-exim/sa-exim_4.2.1-13.diff.gz

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/