[SA-exim] SAaddSAEheaderBeforeSA ignored

Richard Lithvall richard at lithvall.se
Thu May 19 02:05:22 PDT 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 10:28:18PM -0700, Daniel Dadap wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was trying to disable SAaddSAEheaderBeforeSA in sa-exim.conf, but no
> matter what I did, I was still getting unwanted headers in all my
> messages.
>
> I took a quick look at the source, and noticed the following:
>
>     if(SAaddSAEheaderBeforeSA)
>     {
>       AddSAEheaders((char *)rcptlist, SAmaxrcptlistlength);
>     }
>
> ... and a little bit later...
>
>     if(!SAaddSAEheaderBeforeSA)
>     {
>       AddSAEheaders((char *)rcptlist, SAmaxrcptlistlength);
>     }
>
> This doesn't seem intentional.

It is intentional. I think you have misunderstood the purpose of this option:

>From the sa-exim.config:
# Add X-SA-Exim-Rcpt-To and X-SA-Exim-Mail-From headers before SA scans
# the message.
# If this option is enabled, SARewiteBody is true, and safe_mode is
# enabled in SA, you end up with the X-SA-Exim-Rcpt-To/X-SA-Exim-Mail-From in
# the attatched message as well without the ability to remove them later in an
# exim transport (think privacy).
# In real life this is usually not a problem because the message is spam anyway,
# and if you turn this off, you lose the option to use those headers to score
# the message with SA.

The option is not meant to remove the headers completly, it's just a matter of *when* they are added.

But if your patch does what you want it's all fine for you I guess :)

/Richard