[SA-exim] EXIM-SA with 4.92.1

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Mon Jul 22 04:06:36 PDT 2019

Dear all,

with the release of EXIM 4.92 the build of SA-EXIM stopped working (SA-EXIM
seems just "ignored" / local_scan not called anymore). I like the SA-EXIM
functionality and on NetBSD the "greylistd" alternative would be not usable
because it has no inotify).

For the last security fixes i helped me in backporting the security fixes by
(hand) patching into my exim 4.91 sources.

Today another security fix/version exim-4.92.1() is published. I've read on
the exim mailing list (as on a debian list) that EXIIM-SA seems working under
debian again by any fixes to the Debian sources, but it is not clear to me
where to find / how it worked or if it is available within the current EXIM
(i'm not a Debian user).

So my questions:

 - is EXIM-SA working again under current EXIM 4.92.1 (means: does the official
sources contain the changes as "discussed" on the debian forum) and

if not:

 - how can i make SA-EXIM working again within (my copy of) the official EXIM
sources?

any help / clearifying would be very helpful.

many thanks and
best regards,

niels.
--