New twitter road updates and reopening times now shown in hours, not minutes

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Sun Feb 26 17:09:02 PST 2017

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 04:57:28PM -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> Below is the first example of new messages you'll get on this list.
> This helpful message about projected closure has yet to be posted on the
> official caltrans site.

Ah, yes, I forgot to mention. Caltrans is of course making my job hard
as usual. I need to do keyword searching and I just had to guess on what
keywords they will be using. Also, nothing says they won't change those
keywords tomorrow or that 2 different caltrans employees can use 2
different way of naming the same road. Given that it's likely typed on
phones, if they have typos I'll also miss the update, sorry.

SR-88 is polled from http://twitter.com/CaltransDist10 I look for either "Carson" or "SR-88"
SR-89 is polled from http://twitter.com/caltransdist3 and I only look for 'Hwy 89'
US-50 is polled from http://twitter.com/caltransdist3 and I only look for 'Hwy 50'
I-80 is polled from http://twitter.com/caltransdist3 and I only look for 'I-80'

Twitter is typed by hand by someone who could change overnight with
someone else who could suddenly start writing US-50 instead of 'Hwy 50'
or somesuch.
If you notice other road relevant twitter posts that are using different
spelling or words that will otherwise not match other irrelevant stuff
that would spam you, let me know.

Thanks,
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/                         | PGP 1024R/763BE901