[Empeg-general] Re: empeg rock's

DiGNAN17@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org DiGNAN17@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 07:04:00 GMT

> i can also understand that empeg people worked hard on the mark2 but i cannot understand why they give not developpemeont support for NON rocket scientists.

a) They have like 20 people at most working for them (too lazy to count right now).  They will probably get around to what ever you are talking about after they run their company first.

b) the things you are asking for sound pretty high-tech to me.  I don't know anything about developer images and telnet and ftpddfjk!  All I know is I got a great ICE MP3 player.

You should also remember the things that are inside the player that make it stand apart from the other, cheaper, players.

-ARM chip that I believe is around 200 MHz
-proprietary hardware (great for optimum performance in minimum space)
-heavily tested top-grade hardware.  tested for performance and other things-like shock protection.
-hard drive space that is only limited by the size of the two biggest laptop HD's you can find.
-additional hardware features like cell phone mute, mic input, AUX inputs, and more.

Believe me, I looked at every player I could find, and none are as professionaly designed, built, and (most importantly) supported like the empeg.

DiGNAN  &:*)
13653