[Empeg-general] Re: Turn On/Off Thump

Mike Comb mcomb@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 02:14:00 GMT

Yep, definately appear to have a bug with the empeg here.  I verified my wiring.  The 12 volt constant is staying at 12 volts (consantly  ;) and the accessory lead is turning off with the vehicle.  And yet, the empeg shuts off abrubtly when the car drops power on the accesory lead and I get a thump as a result.  If I physically remove power from the accesory lead the empeg shuts down gracefully as expected.

Is it possible that the empeg expects the accesory lead to go all the way to zero volts and if it stays just a bit above that the empeg shuts off abrubtly causing a thump?

For now I have wired memory and accessory to my car's constant on line so that the empeg stays on to avoid this thump.

Oh, by the way, the empegs memory appears to get cleared when it shuts off with a thump.  I lose my playlist or position in the playlist as well as fader and equalizer settings.

-Mike