[Empeg-general] Re: Turn On/Off Thump

Hugo Fiennes altman@empeg.com
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 08:54:00 GMT

I can't see how this would happen: obviously, it's a binary input so can either be 1 or 0. If it's 1, the empeg stays powered. If it goes to 0, the empeg *still* stays powered (as long as the permanent 12v feed does not go away *at all*). The empeg turning off is a *software* action - for example, if you quit the player then turn the ignition off, the empeg will stay on forever. This is how the configurable software delay works.

The fact that your player turns off suddenly sounds very much like a glitch in the permanent 12v line when the accessory input is also low.

I'd like to verify this with some proper test gear (ie, dual channel storage scope) but we can't replicate the problem on my MX5, beetle, or the empeg a-class. Steve hasn't reported any problems either on his Volvo :(

Hugo