[Empeg-general] Re: Backing up MP3's off Empeg

eyee@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org eyee@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 01:25:00 GMT

One reason why I wouldn't mind gong from the empeg to the computer is the organization of the id3 tags.  I know we *should* be organizing them pre-input to the empeg, but I find it easier to organize on the empeg.  It'd be cool if you could output the files according the the database info, with associated id3 etc.  I suppose it's one of those battles where you "don't wanna go there", and legally, it makes perfect sense.  But honestly, how many people want to dedicate umpteen gigabytes to hold the original files??

Do you think it'd be possible (or plausible) to implement something where if you delete the file off the empeg, you can put it into a backup repository somehow???  Now that would be cool.