[Empeg-general] Re: battery symbol top left

ThoralfBihlo kaernten@topmail.de
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 06:37:00 GMT

On which rpm groundlevel does your engine run? Maybe it's just too deep. If you have to brake (at a stoplight or whatever) then it goes down a bit more because the brake-amplifier (don't know if that's the correct word but I hope you know what I mean) takes some power of the engine. At that point it could be that the rpm are not high enough for the generator to produce enough electric power and the empeg switches off. Have you maybe seen your car's battery-light flashing or being on for a short time? That's something that points to that problem.
The solution in this case would be just to adjust the rpm groundlevel a bit higher (e.g. from 800 -> 1000).

If this is not the case maybe something's wrong with your generator.

TeeMcBee