[Empeg-general] Re: OT: Can anyone recommend a good NIC or SCSI card?

Douglas Burnside burnside@alaska.net
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 07:38:00 GMT

The network administrator/chief engineer at the radio station group where I work insists on 3Com cards only.  He is responsible for maintaining our network, plus another dozen or so (as a private contractor) in businesses around town and he says 3Com cards are a lot more expensive, but they _never_ give problems, regardless of the hardware or operating system.  He figures his time is worth $60 an hour, so the extra expense is trivial compared to the cost of spending time to troubleshoot an unruly NIC.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"