[Empeg-general] Re: Can't Display Track Time

Tony Fabris tfabris@jps.net
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:02:00 GMT

I tried to allude to this in another post, perhaps Roger will jump in with a more accurate explanation...

Your "0:00" track times might be a result of your encoder. Which one were you using?

See, as I understand it, VBR files are supposed to contain some sort of additional data (I forget what this data is called or where it is located in the file) which helps player software seek into the file. Maybe the xaudio library depends heavily upon this data, and your encoder just isn't writing that information to the files.

Then again, I could be completely wrong about all of this, I'm unclear on it.

<A HREF="http://www.jps.net/tfabris" target="_new">Tony Fabris</A>_