[Empeg-general] Re: Can't Display Track Time

Hugo Fiennes altman@empeg.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 23:47:00 GMT

If the track time reads 0:00, this means that the VBR file is corrupt - actually, the total frame count value has not been set in the VBR header. Due to a bug in Xaudio VBR support, it won't count up if it doesn't know how long the track is.

Our VBR code doesn't suffer from this, but total track time won't work either - you need to fix your files. Audiocatalyst seems to do this sometimes, it did it on a lot of my files. Mike wrote a tool to recalculate the VBR header & fix it, but it's not an app yet.

Hugo