[Empeg-general] Re: Backing up MP3's off Empeg

Steve Schow sjs@bstage.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:44:37 -0700

What contradiction?  Doesn't want to keep 36 GB of MP3's on his PC.  Maybe
he only has 8 GB of HD space to work with on his PC but wants to keep a
"TAPE" back up of his MP3 files.....as a backup of his empeg so that in the
event of a crash, all he has to do is restore the tape directly to his
empeg.  What is so contradictory about this desire?  At no point did he ever
have all 36 GB of his MP3 files together at one time on his PC HD.  How
could he possibly have a good, easy to use backup of his Empeg?  He finally
gets his empeg setup just the way he wants...with all the songs and
playlists he wants...after going through endless hours of encoding and
transferring MP3's to the Empeg and then clearing out space on his PC HD so
that he can encode some more.....and there is no way, when he's all done to
make a clean backup of his Empeg in its finished and totally full state.  I
don't see anything wrong with this request...  Seems pretty clear to me that
there is in fact a very good need for this....albeit that Empeg corp is not
gonna be able to fufill it for a while until the legal battles are fought
and won by someone else....understandably.  But don't rain on the guy's
parade...he's a got a legitimate gripe....  How about suggesting solutions
for him?

-steve