[Empeg-general] Re: Charges for duty and tax

Rob Voisey rob@empeg.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 02:31:00 GMT

_I did not get a bill from Fedex for those charges, they will included on my empeg bill_

They certainly weren't - the only duty we ever charge is VAT to customers in the European Community.

The empeg bill would have included the cost of buying the product from us, but if your local customs department decide to charge you duty on them then that's an issue between you and them (and FedEx in this case, as they pay the duty on your behalf).

In your case it seems you were lucky and customs decided not to make any charge.  It's luck of the draw (maybe depends what kind of mood the customs agent is in!).

Rob