[Empeg-general] Re: FM Tuner - When?

Hugo Fiennes altman@empeg.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:43:00 GMT

We're trying to get the tuner out as soon as possible; however there are several obstacles, not least of which is actually getting the tuners. We have samples, and we're hoping we can get production quantities quickly - but the lead time on electronics is generally 12 weeks minimum. I suspect this is what will influence the delivery time the most.

We're just finishing some testing on the prototypes today (ie; FM is great, just checking AM) and if all goes well then we can place the order for production quantities of the tuner modules (we don't build the tuner itself; this is all complex RF stuff. We just buy a canned module with digital controls :) ).

Hugo