[Empeg-general] Re: EQ Question/Feature Enhancement

Jazzwire empeg@nrg.nu
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:56:00 GMT

I don't disagree with the manual, in fact my example supports this (You have 20 bands split equally between a number of channels).
It doesn't say the EQ is 20 band _per channel_, just that it has _20 bands_.

Looking at the DSP data sheet it's actually more restricted than my example...
> This equalizer accelerator circuit (EQ) can make a two-channel equalizer of 10 second-order sections per channel or a four-channel equalizer of 5 second-order sections per channel depending on the value of AD register bit TWO-FOUR (see Table 9). It takes an input sample set of 2 (stereo) samples or 4 (stereo front and rear) samples via 4 input registers. It delivers an output sample set of 2 or 4 samples via 4 output registers. All input and output registers are 18 bits wide.

<A HREF="http://www-us.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat/datasheets/SAA7705H_1.pdf" target="_new">http://www-us.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat/datasheets/SAA7705H_1.pdf</A> (Url supplied by Tony in a previous thread, I assume it's still the DSP in use)
So it looks like a non starter... =(

Jazz
(List 112, Mk2 12 gig #40. Mk1 4 gig #30. Mk3 1.6 16v)