[Empeg-general] Re: Automatic MP3 identification & how to build it

Tony Fabris tfabris@jps.net
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 05:08:00 GMT

> All of that information *should* be optional. If it is not, then that is a bug which I'll look into. I'll do a fresh install tomorrow and see if this is the case.

Whenever a piece of software or a web site asks me for demographic data, e-mail addresses, or personal address/phone information, I always fill out the fields with filthy garbage. The PMA was no exception. They can't invade your privacy if you don't let them. :-)

(Of course, this doesn't apply if they need my e-mail address to verify an online purchase, etc., but most programs/sites that prompt for this data don't require it to be accurate.)

<A HREF="http://www.jps.net/tfabris" target="_new">Tony Fabris</A>_