[Empeg-general] Re: Pricing of the empeg

Dragi Raos draos@4mate.hr
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 07:48:00 GMT

Please make the MKIII even more expensive (not overpriced, just expensive).

If you mean even more full-featured (say, remote panel and LCD screen, wireless networking, interface to car diagnostic, DAB radio, navigation, 1TB solid state storage, radar, ejectable passanger seat, missiles...:) then OK, it could cost another $500 and I would still buy it, but not as status symbol. Heck, I am using it in a shoebox-sized, 55HP Renault Twingo!

If you want a Rolex, pay for a Rolex.

empeg-car is not a Rolex. Rolex is a status symbol. Gold cased mechanical Rolex costs 10 or 20 times more than titanium-cased Seico Kinetic without a single advantage. empeg is, at the moment, state of the art in ICE and is priced accordingly. I hope it stays that way (on both feature and price account).

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos
Zagreb, Croatia
Q#5196, MkII#80000376, 18GB green