[Empeg-general] Re: I've never ripped CD's and I want to do it right

DiGNAN17@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org DiGNAN17@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 23:18:00 GMT

I believe there is info on this in the FAQ.
I use AC and it has performed very well for me.  It's easy to use and it's more advanced features are simple to figure out.

I just went with 128 instead of VBR, but many of the empeg owners on the board prefer VBR.  The whole process is quite simple and you'll have no trouble doing this.  Just make sure your naming convention is consistent, and I would heavily recommend naming your files with the track number in them and before the track title.  That way they will be in order in explorer, so when you drag the folders over to the emplode window, your playlist is created with all the tracks in order.

Happy ripping!

(ps-it's good to see that not all the Anandtech readers are turned off by the empeg.  hey guys, looks like one of them does "get it"!)

DiGNAN  &:*)