[Empeg-general] Re: Charges for duty and tax

loren@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org loren@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 18:36:00 GMT

Okay, i KNEW it would happen. I got my bill from Fed-Ex on Saturday fora grand total of US$30.78. Apparently the charge is $25.78 for Customs Duty (some sort of handling fee)and $5 for an "advancement fee". Included with the bill were 7 various fax copies and customs papers which i can't decipher for the life of me.

First off... Does anyone understand exactly what is going on? Why did some people get charged and others didn't? Was it for the Empeg or the carrying case? (doesn't say on the bill, but they were in the same package). I'm going to attempt a call to fed-ex to see what this is about as i sure as hell am not going to pay something that others recieving the same package didn't have to pay. Anyone else done this or have any advice?

Thanks! =]

<A HREF="http://www.skivvies.com/empeg" target="_new">