[Empeg-general] Re: Phat Noise

Rob Voisey rob@empeg.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 22:51:00 GMT

Calm down gentlemen!  :-)

As far as I'm aware they don't have the intelligent caching that we have, so when you skip you could have to wait for the disk to spin up.  Then again, I have no idea if they even spin the disk down!  They hadn't even considered shock protection until Hugo suggested it to them.

I also seem to recall some problems we had with autochanger buses, in which the head unit was very sensitive to timing - I don't remember the details, maybe Hugo does.  Then again, maybe we don't want to hand out a solution on a silver platter  :-)

Rob