[Empeg-general] Re: Cambridge UK, hot bed of MP3 bits and peices

peter@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org peter@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:52:00 GMT

...and half of English crime stories, it would seem. I just read 'Unsuitable Job for a Woman' by P.D. James and 'For the Sake of Ellena' by E. George and both take place there.

And, of course, 'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency'.

What are you guys doing at night?

Graduating in English, failing to get a proper job, and writing novels set in Cambridge in the hope of currying favour with literary critics who also graduated in English and failed to get a proper job?  ;-)

I have never read a decent murder mystery taking place in Oxford

Inspector Morse?

        Peter