[Empeg-general] Fix-Up Corrupt VBR Files

gb14772@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org gb14772@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 17:38:00 GMT

I had the problem where my VBR header was corrupt.  I believe the VBR header will contain an "average bit rate" that players can use to calculate total track time.  Mine were zero, and empeg car would display track times of zero.  See other parts of thread for the cause (conflict with AudioCatalyst and other SW).

There is a way to fix these files.  The 1.01 release notes mention that MP3 Tag Studio version 2 can fix these files, but it hasn't been verified yet.  I just downloaded version 2, and it indeed does fix this problem, at least for me.
You can get Mp3/Tag Studio <A HREF="http://www.magnusbrading.com/mp3ts/" target="_new">here</A>.

-gbeck

#080000480
18GB Red, Waiting for Amber screen...