[Empeg-general] Re: S2000 Installation / Hardware choices?

JoMo25@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org JoMo25@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 22:02:00 GMT

OK - I finally got my MkII installed in my S2000 yesterday and it is fantastic! I used to think that the little stereo cover was not a necessity, but now I'm glad it's there! I can close that door and no one will know I've upgraded from the stock stereo. And I'm going to put a small piece of velcro on the inside of that door and the remote and store the remote there. It fits w/o velcro but I'll have to confirm it'll still fit.

I had to go with Red since Amber screens are sold out at the moment, but I will order an Amber one once they've re-stocked. The red isn't bad, but I think the Amber will be a better match and brighter.

BTW, the sound is even sharper than the CD player IMHO because I now have alot more flexibility in tuning/equalizing the sound to the car's interior. I'm truly in driver heaven now. I just need to put more music on my unit. Only have 2Gb on it now which is the sum of all the CDs I'd burned over the last year and had carried with me. I can't even imagine filling up the 12 Gb on my "low-end" empeg model!

- John
S2K Slv/Blk #1019
MkII Red #8/487