[Empeg-general] Re: TCP/IP for busy people

Tony Fabris tfabris@jps.net
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 20:59:00 GMT

> It is really easy to cut the wires and solder them back together swapped. Thats what I did and it works perfect.

This might work at low speeds and for short cable runs, but once you've done that, the cable isn't up to Cat-5 spec any more, so you might get some intermittent problems with it if you try to push it (segment length or bandwidth). Be careful with any hand-altered 10baseT cabling. For my money (as a sysadmin where I work), it's worth it to buy pre-made cable in the format I want it, to avoid possible future problems.

<A HREF="http://www.jps.net/tfabris" target="_new">Tony Fabris</A>_