[Empeg-general] Re: Empeg Lockups: try this

hybrid8@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org hybrid8 at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 04:58:00 GMT

Mark, I'm running 221 that you released last night.  Unfortunately, the one day where I want the player to lock up, it hasn't.

More background in case it's been lost in the shuffle of other threads.  Player is an MK2a with b11 and two 30GB drives (5950 tunes).  I've been running fairly recent versions of Hijack.  Player runs in the car randomizing the entire playlist with the least recently played mode.  Always running Info:Track display.  No tuner connected. Volume locked at 0db.  No EQ or other DSP settings.  I skip tracks quite a bit in the mornings and evenings during a 1 hour drive each way.  So I tend to notice when the player has locked.

The problem has, without question, beein happening more regularly with b11 than it ever did in the past.  It also happened with b7, but not with this frequency.

I'm not sure what level of fixes you've decided top put or leave in the latest version, but if you make sure to leave in whatever debug info/display you think will help you, I'll make sure to note it down when it finally locks.

If you do get a permanent fix, you might consider a slightly more substantial trade request from the empeg team...   I'm sure you can vertical think of something vertical you might want to vertical aditionally ask for.

Bruno