[Empeg-general] Re: Integer OGG libraries available!

wfaulk@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org wfaulk at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 18:59:00 GMT

Not necessarily.  Their compiler might be doing a better job of optimization than mine.  There's still a bug to work out, as the sound quality is awful, and that might have some impact.  I don't know if decoder_example might be remarkably unoptimized.  I should probably get someone else to compile it and see if it runs faster for them.

Note that I got ogg123 running on the empeg before using the reference floating point Ogg libraries and decoding took something on the order of 3 times real track time, so this is a vast improvement, regardless.