[Empeg-general] Re: Starting audio... baaaaaah!

Folsom@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org Folsom at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 18:42:00 GMT

I had this same problem when I was switching from the player to the tuner.  If the time showed "12:00", then switching to tuner would lock it up, although Hijack seemed to work.  It would take up to 10-15 restarts to get the player to work.  I assumed it was a clock issue since the time would reset overnight, but the clock resetting may just be a symptom of a different problem.

I could not get it to lockup using the AC adapter.  My problem only happened in the car.  My spare player does not show this problem in the same sleeve.  Also, I switched tuners just in case it was a bad tuner, but this did not solve the lockups.

I sent the player in to support to fix the clock.  Support could not find a problem with my clock, but they swapped empegs anyway.  Hopefully when I get it back the lockups go away, otherwise I can't use the tuner.