[Empeg-general] Questions about command-line emptool

Reid Conti reid at corradoslc.com
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 23:53:00 GMT

Here's my dilemma.  I have 20gig of music, and am re-ripping a lot of my stuff.

Normally what I do, since my MP3's are consistantly named, is just re-rip stuff, and move the files over the old files.  That way, it overwrites the "old" copy of any duplicates, and leaves the non-dupe stuff untouched.

If I do this, how do I tell the empeg about it?  Should move the files, or wait?  What if I leave the files in seperate directories, then re-upload from those separate dirs?  Will emptool be smart and upload OVER the existing songs with the identical names?  Or does it end up with 2 copies of the song with the same name?

thanks, trying to figure out a good way to refresh my music library without resyncing EVERYTHING.  If the empeg doesn't duplicate songs, can I just move the files over my old structure, and reupload EVERYTHING and when I sync, the empeg will only sync the new stuff?  Or is that too much of wishful thinking?

Methinks emptool needs an "rsync" option

- reid