[Empeg-general] Anyone using Mk2a with Nakamichi 45-z head unit?

cushman@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org cushman at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 06:08:00 GMT

I have recently purchased a Mk2a and I am going to install it in a 2000 Subaru Outback.  I have a double-din (actually a triple-din) dash, and I do not have an amp installed in my car.  I have been looking at the Nakamichi 45-z to use with my empeg in my car, plugging the empeg into the AUX in of the Nak.  I figure this head unit will give me the quality I need for the future as I invest in other sound upgrades for my car.

I searched this forum for any posts related to this head unit, and I came upon this post describing problems with the 1v inputs of the Nak and 4v outputs of the empeg (This post references a Mk1).  Would this be a problem with my Mk2a, and is there anyone using a Nakamichi 45-z with a Mk2a unit? I didn't see anything mentioned about this problem in the FAQ.

-Mark