[Empeg-general] Re: Problem: Sound Quality with FM Modulator

jules@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org jules at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 02:59:00 GMT

FTP222:

See my previous response to your post in another thread (Riocar in 2002 Mercades Benz SLK 32 AMG Install).

http://empeg.comms.net/php/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=install&Number=75018

I have tried numerous modulators and they will not work. The head unit expects a super-boosted antenna signal, which is what is sent from the embedded antena in the rear window. FM modulators just cannot generate that strong a signal. Try the cassette adapter solution I discussed earlier. It is really the only way to get decent sound from the Empeg in a new C-Class. I have been struggling with this for the last 5 months. I would still appreciate a picture of your install, please. Thanks.