[Empeg-general] New Focal Front stage

DBALKUNJR@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org DBALKUNJR at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 02:49:00 GMT

I just got through installing a set of Focal 165K3 3 way components in mt front stage.  Midbass in doors(dynamatted to hell) and I made kickpanels for mid and tweet.  Just spent an hour listening.....All I can say is OH MY GOD!!!!!  I have had many different brands of speakers in my cars but these take the cake.  I didn't want to come in from the car they sounded so good.  great imaging crystal clear and nice and warm sound.  This set will bring a smile to the faces everyone that comes in contact with them.
I was also surprised at how easy it was to make the kickpanels.  I still have to sand and put the finish on them but the sound they produce is unreal.  And to think I was gonna pay $700 for a shop to make these for me.....I did it myself for about $100.  I'll post some photos once the rest of the system is finished.
Anyone have any suggestions for good tunes to test these speakers?  I listen to everything from Sinatra to P.O.D. so any thing goes.
 Dave
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Coupe