[Empeg-general] Disabling rotary control, but only for volume +/-

Andy Fox Bagpuss at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 15:59:00 GMT

Hi All,

I've just installed my Empeg in my new car, and am using a second head unit to provide amplification.

Once I've set the volume level on the Empeg, I'd really like to be able to disable the rotary for volume +/-, but leave it enabled for all other uses.

I think it may be possible to do this with Hijack, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried this, or might know how to do it.

I think that the following would work, but I'm guessing that it will disable the knob completely, which is not what I would like:

  [ir_translate]
  knobleft.n=null
  knobright.n=null

Does anyone else have any suggestions?