[Empeg-general] My playlists are gone :-(

dclesse@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org dclesse at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:17:00 GMT

I have a mk2 2x18g and a rio 1x30g.
What I've done:
I ordered a 30g HD to upgrade the rio to 60.
empeg drives: e1 & e2
rio drives:r1 & r2
I copied all the empeg (full) onto the rio like this:
e1+r1 in the empeg, e2+r2 in the rio.
then I copied each /drive0 dirs&subdirs into /drive1
then I put e1+e2 in the empeg, and r1+r2 in the rio.
and both are working correctly. (playlists appear & play correctly in emplode & player)
...but ON THE RIO, when I do a sync with emplode, my playlists structure&songs are completely shuffled out. (it could require several weeks to get them right).
For the moment I restored the old database&playlists (in /drive0/var), it works but I can't upload new songs w/o loosing playlist structure (same with jempeg).
Can sb help me?
some questions:
it seams the problem comes from the new drives size, but why?
What is the structure of the playlists file?