[Empeg-general] Re: Playlist Navigation

CrashLander@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org CrashLander at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:41:00 GMT

Well, the null spacing didn't work, because the problem seems to be that the bottom button needs to be held longer than the bottom.L command waits.  It only works about half the time.

The best I could come up with is to have a long press send a macro to take the unit back out of shuffle mode, then try again.  Not an optimal solution, but much better - almost excellent.

[ir_translate]
tuner.L=bottom,right,bottom,bottom ;take player back out of shuffle
tuner=bottom,bottom.L,top,right,bottom,bottom ;advance to next playlist

I don't understand why the unit is programmed to quit playing at the end of each folder/playlist, even though there may be a months worth of music left waiting to be played.  It should just keep playing indefinitely, untill you tell it to stop.

It should be possible to quickly and easily navigate through the music on the player without even looking at the display.  So far, I find it to be very frustrating, and unsafe while driving.  What do you folks do on those roads where there is no speed limit?  You can't exactly look down at the player for 10 seconds while your getting your moneys worth out of your Jaguar, just to play the next song on your stereo.

I'm sorry to sound like I'm complaining, I just want to listen to some Rock 'n Roll!  This is an amazing unit - having your entire music collection at your fingertips in your car is mindblowing.  I just think it could be a little easier to use.