[Empeg-general] Re: My first steps in MP3 not sure which ripper to use

robricc@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org robricc at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:17:00 GMT

Old Toshiba desktop drives only rip at 1x. And, I have yet to get a laptop Toshiba drive to rip at all. If you must use this setup, I think you will be unable to rip with Digital Audio Extraction (DAE). This forces you to use the analog audio output to get the music on your hard drive. If you must keep that laptop, it may be good to get an external USB CD-ROM for ripping.

If you must use the analog outs to rip, I would suggest using MusicMatch Jukebox. This is the only ripper/encoder I've used that yeilded good results with analog recording.