[Empeg-general] Audiograbber + Lame

AlB@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org AlB at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:15:00 GMT

Works REALLY well (Even on my Ancient Dell Lattitude (PII))
I sat down with my stereo and Empeg with the same song ripped on 128, WMA,and VBR.  At VBR Level4 I could not discern between original and Mp3 so that is what I use (VBR Level4).  File sizes are a bit larger but worth it.  Experiment on your own to see what you can hear.  Keep in mind youll spend some time ripping your CD's so it's worth it to do it right.  In a few years CD players will be obsolete and we'll all have computers as part of the sound systems in our house (or built into recievers).

I had some trouble ripping with 40X Plextor so I used the lame setting to limit ripping to 12x and everything is fine