[Empeg-general] Re: New Prick CD : didn't know where to post this.

Tony Fabris tfabris at jps.net
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 01:46:00 GMT

My all time favorite album is "Roll The Bones" and my second favorite Rush album is "Hold Your Fire"

Funny, I think those are two of their weakest outings. And I, too, prefer most of their recent stuff to most of their older stuff.

Both of those albums have moments of absolute brilliance, but they strike me as having... dare I say it... a lot of filler. I think I've finally broken down and simply deleted "Tai Shan" and "High Water" from the empegs and Jupiter... And except for "Ghost of a Chance", the entire second side of Roll the Bones should have been binned. In my opinion, of course.  I'm sure that Dirk, Pratt, and Lerxst would disagree with me.

For me, the Rush albums that have the most staying power are the ones that hang together as an album the best. The ones where, when a song comes on from that album, you have an urge to hit the un-shuffle button on the remote. For me, that's primarily Moving Pictures and Power Windows.