[Empeg-general] Re: Ripping Real Audio files to MP3

dcosta@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org dcosta at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:12:00 GMT

Used to be in an older version of winamp, there was a plugin that allowed you to play/stream a real audio file. All you had to do is run that as the input plugin and DiskWriteras the output.... violla. instant wav file. Then encode with your favorite encoder. Kind of a pain, but it got the job done....
I can't seem to get my current copy of this plugin to work with my now tremendously newer version of winamp, also could not find an any version of the plugin on winamp.com at quick glance,
if you want to search for it,
I think it was called UnReal, it doesn't work on my machine, but appears in my plugin's list as "innover's RealAudio Plugin (x86) [IN_RA.DLL]"
Wish I had more better info...
-grammerpolice?