[Empeg-general] Re: Controlling sub volume via the fader

jarob10@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org jarob10 at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:20:00 GMT

Not a bad set up, other than one aspect :

Hijack may ???? in the future give time alignment on all four channels.  In this case, you would lose the benefit by driving the subs alone through the rear channel.  In this scenario I am pretty sure you would achieve better sound staging by running your rears off the rear output and driving the subs from the rear channel pass through.  Time alignement on the sub doesnt make much difference to my ears ( I drive my empeg through a Pioneer DEQ9200 which provides 6 channel time alignment).