[Empeg-general] Re: Possible solution to Fujitsu drive problems, etc

genixia@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org genixia at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:21:00 GMT

Does anyone know if the fujitsu drives are exactly the same length as IBM drives or other brands?

One thing that I've noticed on my empeg is that the cable lifts at the motherboard connector resulting in the dreaded 'No hard disk' condition. It only unseats 1mm or so, but it is enough. I've also noticed that the tension on the IDE cable when replacing the HD carriage into the unit is enough to unseat the connector, and I suspect that the carriage bouncing on the anti-vibration mounts might also be enough to create this tension. The only possibility that I can think of that this could be fujitsu-related is if the fujitsu drives are a couple of mm longer than others, or if the IDE connector on the fujitsu drives are a couple of mm higher than other drives.