[Empeg-general] Re: Copy protected my ass

Alabama@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org Alabama at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:44:00 GMT

Yes Tony a great album, but here's a story about it.  I remember going to a Demo in a hi-fi store at the time when the album came out.  As the demo progressed the staff brought in more and more expensive equipment.  The top line CD palyer and Record deck were featured in a shoot-out with the Bro in Arms "Your latest Trick" played on both.  Everyone was asked which they preferred and 90% of the audience clearly preferrred the Vinyl sound.  Now I am an old timer who grew up with Vinyl, now buy CD's almost exclusively, but I wonder what would be the reaction now to the same test?  I have Vinyl and CD copies of the album and I know which one I like best  Having said that I love the sound of CD's through my Class A valve amp, and those tubes (AKA valves over here) look real nice at night !

Errr hope I don't start a war here