[Empeg-technical] Re: download.c and serial programming

wfaulk@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org wfaulk at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Thu Apr 3 13:32:00 2003

So the last write that 'succeeded' was the cr to get a prompt back and we actually got the prompt?That seems to be correct.  A system trace shows that it thinks that it's writing the `u', but nothing past that.

Unfortunately, it looks like Solaris may reset port parameters when the port is closed (the baud rate was back at 9600 after the program was finished).  Maybe I can grab them while the program is running....  Yup.  I feel like crap, so I'm just going to post it here and get back to it later.:

% stty -a < /dev/ttya
speed 115200 baud;
rows = 0; columns = 0; ypixels = 0; xpixels = 0;
csdata ?
eucw 1:0:0:0, scrw 1:0:0:0
min = 4; time = 0;
intr = ^c; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^u;
eof = ^d; eol = <undef<; eol2 = <undef<; swtch = <undef<;
start = ^q; stop = ^s; susp = ^z; dsusp = ^y;
rprnt = ^r; flush = ^o; werase = ^w; lnext = ^v;
-parenb -parodd cs8 -cstopb -hupcl cread -clocal -loblk -crtscts -crtsxoff -parext
-ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr -icrnl -iuclc
-ixon -ixany -ixoff imaxbel
-isig -icanon -xcase -echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh
-tostop echoctl -echoprt echoke -defecho -flusho -pendin -iexten
-opost -olcuc onlcr -ocrnl -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel tab3