[Empeg-technical] Empeg power on/off based on acc+perm power. How?

jules at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org jules at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon Apr 21 22:55:00 PDT 2003

Folks,

I'm trying to set up a computer for my car and I want it to behave like the empeg in terms of how it turns on and off depending on whether the car's accessory line has power or not. I don't want to just power it from the accesory because when I turn off the accesory I want it to shutdown properly before power off . Anyone know how this is done? Does it require special hardware? If so, what kind of stuff are talking about?

Thanks!