[Empeg-technical] Re: PCATS Tuner Not Recognized by Empeg

Jerz at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org Jerz at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Thu Apr 24 21:00:00 PDT 2003

OK, I found a part in the pcb that I scraped a little too hard so I added a jumper to bridge it back and the thing seems to work for the most part anyway.  Problem now is the FM stations have a little static and are a bit lower than AM750 which seems very loud.  Also the signal bars are all dim so it appears to be some sort of coax issue.  Beat me though, it's as if it can't tell the antennae is connected.

I tried a factory tuner and it works perfectly and everything is loud and clear so evidently I have a few minor bugs still.  I think someone else mentioned a similar problem with static so I'll do a search.

Thanks.