[Empeg-technical] Re: Help needed - Mk2 suddenly died.

Tony Fabris tfabris at jps.net
Mon Apr 28 14:15:00 PDT 2003

If it doesn't display any information about the kernel when coming up, Good point. But sometimes I've seen situations where the hyperterminal settings are wrong (or there's some kind of weird issue with the serial cable) and you only see just that much of the boot log and then nothing, even though the player is sending the rest of the bootup log to the serial port. I was thinking that might be a reason he only saw that much.

Hmmm. Now that you mention it... Another thing it could be... Bad flash. It could be trying to boot the kernel from flash, but the kernel is corrupted. Just for the heck of it, apply just a Hijack upgrade with the serial cable and see if it boots again. (Heck see if it'll even TAKE a hijack upgrade.)